- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 100g prosciutto
- 1 leek, trimmed, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 Massel vegetable stock cubes
- 1.25L (5 cups) water
- 600g (4 cups) frozen peas
- 125g (1/2 cup) light sour cream
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 Turkish bread roll, thinly sliced
- Step 1Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook half the prosciutto for 1 minute each side or until crisp. Transfer to a plate. Break into large pieces. Reserve.
- Step 2Heat the remaining oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Coarsely chop the remaining prosciutto and add to the pan. add the leek and garlic and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft. Add stock cubes and water. Bring to the boil. add peas and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until just cooked. set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Step 3Meanwhile, to make garlic bread, heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and bread. Cook, turning, for 1-2 minutes or until golden.
- Step 4Blend one-third of the pea mixture in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a clean saucepan. Repeat, in 2 more batches, with remaining pea mixture. Cook the soup over medium heat for 2 minutes or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Divide soup among serving bowls. Top with sour cream and reserved prosciutto. Serve with garlic bread.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Michelle Noerianto
- Image credit: Brett Stevens
- Publication: Australian Good Taste