- 1532 kj Energy
- 26g Fat Total
- 7g Saturated Fat
- 7g Fibre
- 13g Protein
- 21mg Cholesterol
- 790.37mg Sodium
- 6g Carbs (sugar)
- 17g Carbs (total)All nutrition values are per serve
Pea & prosciutto soupPrint Recipe
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 100g prosciutto
- 1 leek, trimmed, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 Massel vegetable stock cubes
- 1.25L (5 cups) water
- 600g (4 cups) frozen peas
- 125g (1/2 cup) light sour cream Garlic bread
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 Turkish bread roll, thinly sliced
- Step 1Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook half the prosciutto for 1 minute each side or until crisp. Transfer to a plate. Break into large pieces. Reserve.
- Step 2Heat the remaining oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Coarsely chop the remaining prosciutto and add to the pan. add the leek and garlic and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft. Add stock cubes and water. Bring to the boil. add peas and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until just cooked. set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Step 3Meanwhile, to make garlic bread, heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and bread. Cook, turning, for 1-2 minutes or until golden.
- Step 4Blend one-third of the pea mixture in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a clean saucepan. Repeat, in 2 more batches, with remaining pea mixture. Cook the soup over medium heat for 2 minutes or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Divide soup among serving bowls. Top with sour cream and reserved prosciutto. Serve with garlic bread.
- Author: Michelle Noerianto
- Image credit: Brett Stevens
- Publication: Australian Good Taste