- 1 cup mini penne pasta
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup (180g) semi-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 150g shaved ham, finely chopped
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 300g jar chunky tomato salsa
- Oven-baked fries, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a 6-hole, 3/4-cup capacity Texas muffin pan. Line muffin hole bases with baking paper.
- Step 2Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until just tender. Ask an adult to drain pasta. Transfer to a large bowl. Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Using a fork, beat eggs and milk in a jug. Pour over pasta.
- Step 3Add semi-dried tomato, ham, cheese and chives to pasta mixture. Stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 4Carefully fill muffin holes with pasta mixture. Bake for 30 minutes or until frittatas are puffed and golden. Stand for 5 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack. Serve frittatas with a dollop of tomato salsa and oven fries.
- Author: Dixie Elliott
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Super Food Ideas