- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 shortcut bacon rashers, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 bunch Tuscan cabbage, coarsely shredded
- 400g linguine
- 3 eggs
- 70g (1 cup) finely grated parmesan
- Step 1Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes or until golden.
- Step 2Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Add the cabbage and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Step 3Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain.
- Step 4Whisk together the eggs and 60g (3/4 cup) of the parmesan in a large heatproof bowl. Add the hot pasta and cabbage mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Toss until well combined. Divide among serving dishes. Top with remaining parmesan to serve.
- Low sugar
Make sure the pasta is still hot in step 4 so it “cooks” the egg in the sauce. Budget tip: Instead of shortcut bacon, buy 2 middle bacon rashers from the deli counter.
- Author: Gemma Luongo
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Australian Good Taste