- 250g shell pasta
- 500g lean beef mince
- 750ml (3 cups) chunky farmhouse vegetables bolognese sauce (Dolmio brand)
- 1 150g pkt baby spinach leaves
- 100g (1 cup) light grated mozzarella (Mil Lel brand)
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Step 2Cook pasta in a saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain.
- Step 3Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add mince and cook, stirring to break up any lumps, for 5 minutes or until changed colour. Add pasta sauce and bring to the boil. Remove from heat.
- Step 4Place half the pasta over the base of a 2-litre (8-cup) rectangular ovenproof dish. Top with half the mince mixture and half the spinach leaves. Repeat in one more layer with remaining pasta, mince mixture and spinach leaves. Sprinkle mozzarella over the top. Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until mozzarella melts and is brown. Remove from oven and set aside for 5 minutes. Serve with salad leaves.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Amanda Kelly
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Australian Good Taste