- 1 bunch snake beans or 250g green beans, topped, cut into 5cm lengths
- 375g penne rigate
- 250g (1 punnet) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced crossways
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves
- 60ml (1/4 cup) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 10g shredded parmesan or Vegetarian Hard Cheese
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Step 1Cook beans in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 2 minutes or until tender crisp. Use slotted spoon to remove from pan and refresh under cold running water. Bring water back to the boil. Cook pasta in boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain and rinse well under cold water. Drain well. Place in a large serving bowl.
- Step 2Meanwhile: to make the basil dressing, place the basil, stock or water, parmesan, pine nuts, olive oil and garlic in a blender or small food processor. Season with salt and pepper, and process until smooth.
- Step 3Add the beans, tomatoes and zucchini to the pasta and toss gently. Pour the dressing over the top and toss gently until well combined.
- Heart friendly
- High carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
Microwave tip: Wash the beans, place in a freezer bag, adjusting until they are 2-3 deep when the bag is laid flat. Twist the opening to close. Cook on High/800watts/100% for 2-2 1/2 minutes or until tender crisp.
- Author: Jan Purser
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Australian Good Taste