- 205g (1 1/4 cups) blanched almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 60ml (1/4 cup) rice malt syrup
- 220g ctn extra light cream cheese
- 250g ctn low-fat cottage cheese
- 170g ctn low-fat passionfruit yoghurt
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated
- 3 gelatine leaves
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh passionfruit pulp
- 2 teaspoons rice malt syrup, extra
- Step 1Grease and line base and sides of a 16 x 26cm (base measurement) slice pan. Place almonds, coconut oil, vanilla paste and 1 tbs of the rice malt syrup in a food processor and process until well combined. Use damp hands to press into the base of prepared pan. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to set.
- Step 2Meanwhile, process cream cheese, cottage cheese, yoghurt, rind and remaining rice malt syrup until smooth. Soak gelatine leaves in cold water for 5 minutes or until soft. Squeeze excess moisture from 2 leaves and place in a frying pan over low heat. Cook, stirring twice, for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until melted. With motor running, add the gelatine mixture to the cream cheese mixture and process until well combined. Pour over base of prepared pan.
- Step 3Combine passionfruit pulp and extra rice malt syrup in a bowl. Melt remaining gelatine leaf in a frying pan over low heat, stirring twice, for 30 seconds to 1 minute until melted. Stir into passionfruit mixture. Place spoonfuls of mixture on top of cheesecake. Use a skewer to create swirled effect. Place in the fridge for 8 hours or overnight to set. Cut into squares.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Katrina Woodman
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Taste Magazine