- 4 zucchinis, sliced lengthways into thin ribbons
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra to fry
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, plus wedges to serve
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour, seasoned
- 2 cups panko (see note) or dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup (40g) finely grated parmesan
- 4 x 170g chicken breast fillets, flattened to 5mm thick
- Aioli or whole-egg mayonnaise, to serve
- Step 1Place zucchini in a colander. Sprinkle with salt and set aside for 10 minutes to drain. Rinse zucchini and pat dry with paper towel. Toss with oil, juice and 1 tablespoon parsley. Season and set aside.
- Step 2Place egg and flour in separate bowls. Combine crumbs, Parmesan and remaining 2 tablespoons parsley in a third bowl. Coat chicken first in flour, then in the egg and crumbs. Heat 2cm oil in a frypan over medium-high heat. Cook schnitzels for 2-3 minutes each side until golden and cooked through. Serve with zucchini salad, lemon wedges and aioli.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
Panko, Japanese breadcrumbs make an extra-crisp coating and are from selected supermarkets and Asian food shops.
- Author: Valli Little
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Taste.com.au