- 1/2 cup (85g) instant polenta
- 1 1/4 cups (100g) finely grated parmesan
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 2kg parsnips, quartered
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Step 2Combine the polenta, parmesan and nutmeg on a sheet of baking paper and season.
- Step 3Place the parsnip in a saucepan of cold, salted water over high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 3-4 minutes to par-boil. Drain, then while still hot, toss parsnip in polenta mixture to coat.
- Step 4Pour the oil into a roasting pan and place in the oven for 2 minutes or until hot. Remove from the oven and carefully add parsnip to the roasting pan, turning to coat in the oil. Roast, turning once, for 30 minutes or until crispy, golden and cooked through. Serve warm.
Serves 8 as a side.
- Author: Valli Little
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Taste.com.au