- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh white breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup finely-grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup finely-chopped chives
- 600g chicken tenderloins, trimmed
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 1/2 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Steamed broccoli, to serve
- Steamed carrots, to serve
- Step 1Place flour on a plate. Lightly beat eggs and milk together in a shallow dish. Combine breadcrumbs, parmesan and chives in a separate shallow dish.
- Step 2Coat chicken, 1 piece at a time, in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg mixture, allowing excess to drain. Coat in breadcrumb mixture. Press crumbs on with fingertips to secure.
- Step 3Pour oil into a large, non-stick frying pan until 1cm deep. Heat over medium heat. Cook chicken, in 2 batches, for 3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towel.
- Step 4Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise, sweet chilli sauce and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice in a small bowl. Serve chicken with steamed vegetables and sweet chilli mayonnaise.
- Low carb
- Lower gi
Timesaver tip: Place flour in a plastic bag with half the chicken. Twist bag top to seal and shake to coat chicken. Remove and repeat with remaining chicken.
- Author: Cathie Lonnie
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas