- 1/2 cup (100g) couscous
- 1/2 cup (125ml) boiling water
- 1/2 cup (40g) grated parmesan
- 1 2 (about 800g) chicken tenderloins, cut into strips
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, stoned, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 250g punnet red grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 green onions, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Step 1Preheat oven to 220°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Place the couscous in a medium heatproof bowl. Pour over the boiling water, then cover and set aside for 5 minutes. Use a fork to fluff the grains to separate. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Step 2Add the parmesan to the couscous and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper and place on a plate. Roll the tenderloins in the couscous mixture and gently press to coat. Place on the lined tray. Bake in preheated oven, turning occasionally, for 10 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Step 3Meanwhile, combine the avocado, tomato, green onions and lime juice in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. Place the chicken on serving plates, top with salsa and serve immediately.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Sarah Hobbs
- Image credit: Scott Hawkins
- Publication: Notebook: