- 145g (1 cup) hazelnuts
- 80ml (1/3 cup) hazelnut or macadamia nut oil
- 60ml raspberry or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 6 (about 220g each) duck breast fillets, excess fat trimmed
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 3 corella pears, cored, thinly sliced lengthways
- 3 witlof, bases trimmed, leaves separated, coarsely torn
- 80g baby rocket leaves
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Spread the hazelnuts over a baking tray. Bake in oven for 10 minutes or until toasted. Place in a clean tea towel and rub to remove skins. Coarsely chop.
- Step 2Combine the oil, vinegar, honey and mustard in a screw-top jar and shake until well combined. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3Place the duck on a plate. Sprinkle evenly with paprika and turn to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 4Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the duck, skin-side down, and cook for 2 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Turn and cook for a further 2 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a baking tray. Roast for 6-8 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Cover with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Cut into thick slices.
- Step 5Place the pear, witlof and rocket in a large bowl. Drizzle over half the dressing and gently toss until just combined.
- Step 6Divide the salad among serving plates. Sprinkle with the hazelnuts. Top with duck and drizzle over remaining dressing. Sprinkle with chives to serve.
- Low carb
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Sarah Hobbs
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Australian Good Taste