- 400g fresh pasta sheets
- Grated parmesan, to serve
- Baby rocket leaves, to serve
- 1 bunch rocket, trimmed
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 1/3 cup (35g) grated parmesan
- 1/3 cup (35g) toasted walnuts
- 2 tablespoons toasted pinenuts
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup (125ml) extra virgin olive oil
- Step 1To make the rocket pesto, place the rocket, basil, parmesan, walnuts, pinenuts and garlic in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely chopped. While the motor is running, gradually add the oil in a thin, steady stream until incorporated. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Step 2Use a serrated pastry wheel to cut the pasta sheets into 3cm-wide strips. Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain well and return to the pan with the pesto. Gently toss to combine.
- Step 3Divide evenly among serving bowls and serve immediately.
- Low carb
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Sarah Hobbs
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Notebook: