- 1/2 red papaya, peeled, deseeded, sliced diagonally
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled, core removed, sliced into wedges
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves, shredded
- 2 tablespoons flaked almonds, toasted (see note)
- 1/2 cup thick Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
- 2 limes, halved
- Step 1Place papaya, pineapple and mint into a large bowl. Toss gently to combine.
- Step 2Divide fruit mixture between 4 serving bowls. Sprinkle with almonds. Top with a dollop of yoghurt. Serve with lime.
- Diabetes friendly
- High fibre
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Lower gi
Note: Microwave almonds in an oven bag in 1 minute bursts, shaking every minute, on HIGH (100%) power until toasted.
- Author: Kim Meredith
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Super Food Ideas