- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 x 80g veal schnitzels
Zucchini & feta fritters
- 2 zucchinis, coarsely grated
- 150g feta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 80ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, roasted, roughly chopped
- Step 1To make fritters, using a clean tea towel or Chux cloth, squeeze excess liquid from zucchinis. Place in a large bowl with feta, herbs, onions, eggs and flour, stir to combine and season with pepper. Divide into 12.
- Step 2Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add 6 fritter portions, flatten slightly with a spatula into a round, then cook for 2 minutes each side or until cooked through and golden. Season with salt. Repeat with remaining 2 tablespoons oil and fritter portions. Place on a tray and cover to keep warm.
- Step 3To cook veal, heat oil in large frying pan over high heat. Season veal on both sides with salt and pepper, then cook, in 2 batches, for 2 minutes each side or until cooked through. Rest for 5 minutes.
- Step 4Meanwhile, to make gremolata, place garlic, parsley, lemon zest and almonds in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Step 5Divide veal schnitzels and zucchini fritters among plates. Scatter with almond gremolata, then drizzle over lemon juice to serve.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
Tip: Make extra fritters to reheat and serve as a snack or light lunch.
- Author: Olivia Andrews
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: MasterChef