- 1/4 cup (50g) rice flour
- 300g firm tofu, cut into 8 slices
- 1/4 cup (60ml) gluten-free tamari
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon mirin (see note)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grapeseed oil (see note)
- 2 carrots, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 red capsicum, cut into thin strips
- 1 green capsicum, cut into thin strips
- 6 spring onions, cut into long strips, plus extra sliced to garnish
- Step 1Place the rice flour on a large plate and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Dust each slice of tofu in seasoned rice flour to coat, then shake off excess. Mix together the tamari, lime juice and mirin, then set aside.
- Step 2Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large non-stick frypan over high heat. Add the tofu, in batches if necessary, and cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden brown and crisp. Remove from pan and keep warm while you cook the vegetables.
- Step 3Wipe frypan clean and heat remaining oil over high heat. Add the vegetables and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until warmed through but still crisp.
- Step 4Divide the vegetables among serving plates, top with tofu and drizzle with a little of the dressing. Top with extra spring onion and serve immediately.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
Mirin and grapeseed oil are available from supermarkets.
- Author: Chrissy Freer
- Image credit: Mark Roper
- Publication: delicious.