- 25g unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 4 rashers bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60ml) dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock, heated
- 1/4 large savoy cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 thyme sprigs, plus extra to garnish
- 4 x 150g skinless kingfish fillets
- Mashed potato, to serve
- Step 1Melt butter with 1 tablespoon oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Cook bacon for 5-6 minutes, stirring, until lightly golden. Add wine and stock, simmer for 2-3 minutes, then add cabbage and thyme. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes until tender. Season.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a pan. Season fish and cook for 2-3 minutes each side until cooked through. Serve with cabbage and mash. Garnish with thyme.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Valli Little, Jessica Brook & Phoebe Wood
- Image credit: Brett Stevens
- Publication: Taste.com.au