- 1 thin pizza base (we used a woodfired pizza base)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup (130g) tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 125g mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons salted capers, rinsed, drained
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 4 slices prosciutto, torn
- Basil leaves, to serve
- Step 1Heat a large frypan with a lid over medium heat. Brush both sides of the pizza base with oil, then place, upside-down, in the frypan. Cover with a lid and cook for 2 minutes, then flip over.
- Step 2Spread the pasta sauce over the pizza base, then scatter over mozzarella and capers. Season. Cover with the lid, reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook for a further 5-6 minutes until the cheese has melted and the base is crisp.
- Step 3Slide pizza onto a board, drizzle over the pesto and scatter with prosciutto and basil leaves to serve.
- Author: Warren Mendes
- Image credit: Mark Roper
- Publication: Taste.com.au