- 200g dried rice stick noodles
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 200g firm tofu, drained, cut into 1cm pieces
- 400g chicken breast fillets, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/3 cup pad Thai paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (85g) bean sprouts
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves picked
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Step 1Place the noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Set aside for 15 minutes. Drain well.
- Step 2Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large wok over a medium-high heat. Add the tofu, and cook, tossing, until golden. Drain on paper towel.
- Step 3Heat the remaining oil in the wok over a high heat. Add the chicken and garlic, and stir-fry until cooked. Push the chicken to the side of the wok. Add the egg and cook, without stirring, for 1 minute. Toss through noodles, the pad Thai paste and lime juice.
- Step 4Remove the wok from the heat and toss in the peanuts, chives, bean sprouts and coriander. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Alison Roberts
- Image credit: Luke Burgess
- Publication: Fresh Living