- 200g medium-thick rice noodles
- 20ml (1 tablespoon) peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 spring onions, sliced, plus extra to garnish
- 2 red chillies, seeded, chopped
- 150g green prawns, peeled, with tails on
- 40ml (2 tablespoons) fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon shaved palm sugar* or brown sugar
- 40ml (2 tablespoons) lime juice
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 50g deep-fried tofu puffs*
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1/2 cup trimmed beansprouts
- 1/4 cup roasted chopped peanuts, to garnish
- Fried shallots*, to garnish
- Step 1Place noodles in a bowl and pour boiling water over to cover. Set aside for 5 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- Step 2Heat the oil in a wok over high heat. Add the garlic, onion and chilli and stir-fry quickly for a few seconds. Add the prawns and cook for 1 minute, then add the fish sauce, sugar, lime juice, egg and tofu.
- Step 3Cook, stirring, for a further minute until combined, then toss in the coriander and beansprouts.
- Step 4Pile into serving bowls and garnish with peanuts, onions and fried shallots.
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
* Palm sugar, tofu puffs and fried shallots are available from Asian supermarkets.
- Author: Valli Little
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Taste.com.au