- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1 litre Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock (see notes)
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup small fresh basil leaves
- 12 medium green king prawns, peeled, deveined, tails intact
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Crush 1 garlic clove. Thinly slice remaining garlic. Heat half the oil in a large, flameproof casserole dish over medium heat. Add the onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the crushed garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Step 2Add rice. Stir to coat. Add stock and chilli. Stir to combine. Bring to the boil. Cover with foil. Transfer to oven. Bake for 10 minutes or until half the liquid has been absorbed.
- Step 3Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add basil and sliced garlic. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden and crisp. Use a slotted spoon to transfer garlic and basil to a plate lined with paper towel. Discard oil. 4 Remove foil from the risotto. Top with prawns and tomatoes, cut side-up. Bake for 10 minutes or until liquid has almost absorbed and the prawns are cooked through. Remove from oven. Season with pepper. Serve topped with garlic and basil.
- High carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
Cook’s note: To reduce the heat, remove the seeds from the chilli.
Fish stock can be used instead if preferred.
- Author: Liz Macri
- Image credit: Craig Wall
- Publication: Super Food Ideas