- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 3 cups Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 800g butternut pumpkin, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 (500g) chicken breast fillets
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Baby rocket, to serve
- Shaved parmesan cheese, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large flameproof, ovenproof dish over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Add rice. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Step 2Add stock and 1 cup cold water. Bring to the boil. Add pumpkin. Cover. Transfer to oven. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring halfway during cooking, or until pumpkin is tender and liquid absorbed.
- Step 3Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a frying pan. Cook chicken for 5 minutes each side or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover. Set aside for 5 minutes. Thinly slice.
- Step 4Add peas to rice mixture. Cover. Set aside for 2 minutes or until peas are heated through.
For babies: Blend or process risotto and chicken until smooth. For older babies, roughly mash risotto and stir through finely chopped chicken.
For adults: Season with pepper. Serve risotto with chicken, rocket and parmesan.
- Author: Kim Coverdale
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas