- 8 (about 1kg) chicken drumsticks
- 2 oranges, sliced
- 16 large sage leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely shredded
- Freshly ground pepper
- Olive oil spray
- 225g pkt Fresh coleslaw mix
- 40g baby rocket, to serve
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 200°C. Remove all the skin from the chicken drumsticks and discard.
- Step 2Make two long diagonal cuts into the top of each drumstick.
- Step 3Place the orange slices in a single layer in the base of a large baking dish. Push a sage leaf into each cut in the chicken drumsticks.
- Step 4Place the drumsticks on top of the orange slices with the sage leaves on top. Sprinkle the garlic and ginger over the drumsticks. Grind over some pepper and spray some olive oil. Roast for 30-35 minutes, or until lightly golden and cooked through.
- Step 5Serve the drumsticks with the orange slices, coleslaw and rocket. Drizzle with the pan juices.
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Michelle Southan
- Image credit: Ian Wallace
- Publication: Fresh Living