- Olive oil spray, to grease
- 2/3 cup (100g) self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (120g) caster sugar
- 250g low fat fresh ricotta
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- Cocoa powder, to dust
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Spray a Swiss roll pan (30 x 25cm) with olive oil spray. Line with non-stick baking paper, extending edges over the two long sides.
- Step 2Sift the flour and cocoa together. Use an electric beater to beat the eggs for about 3 minutes until thick and pale. Gradually add the sugar, beating well after each addition for 2 minutes.
- Step 3Sift the flour mixture onto the egg mixture. Use a large metal spoon to fold in carefully. Spoon evenly into pan. Bake for 7 minutes.
- Step 4Meanwhile, lay out a sheet of non-stick baking paper. Turn the sponge out onto the paper, and immediately roll up from a short side. Set aside to cool.
- Step 5Use an electric beater to beat the ricotta, icing sugar, orange rind and juice until smooth. Unroll the sponge and spread with the ricotta mixture. Re-roll and dust with cocoa. Cut into slices to serve.
- High carb
- High protein
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Tracy Rutherford
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Fresh Living