- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup almond meal (ground almonds)
- 1/2 cup polenta
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup extra-light olive oil
- 1/2 cup flaked almonds
- Double cream, to serve
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease a 3cm-deep, 20cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line with baking paper, allowing a 2mm overhang on all sides..
- Step 2Combine flour, sugar, almond meal and polenta in a bowl. Add orange rind, orange juice, egg, honey and oil. Mix to combine. Spoon into prepared pan. Level top with a spatula. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Step 3Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in centre of cake comes out clean.
- Step 4Make syrup Place honey, juice and 1/4 cup cold water in a microwave-safe jug. Microwave on high (100%) for 1 minute or until combined and heated through, stirring with a metal spoon halfway. Pour half the syrup over cake.
- Step 5Serve cake with remaining syrup and double cream.
- High protein
- Low sodium
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kim Coverdale
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas