- 4 navel oranges, peeled, white pith removed
- 75g (1/2 cup) whole hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 50g (1/2 cup) rolled oats
- 1 500g container fat-free natural yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon liquid sweetener
- Step 1Preheat grill on high. Line the grill tray with foil. Cut each orange into 8 slices. Place half the orange slices on the tray and cook, under preheated grill, for 5 minutes. Turn and cook for a further 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining orange slices.
- Step 2Meanwhile, cook hazelnuts and oats in a medium frying pan over high heat, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until browned and aromatic.
- Step 3Whisk together yoghurt and sweetener in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Step 4To serve, place 4 orange slices in the base of each serving glass. Top with a spoonful of the yoghurt mixture and then sprinkle with the rolled oats and nuts. Repeat with another layer.
- High fibre
- High protein
- Low fat
- Low sodium
- Lower gi
leftovers: Use the hazelnuts and oats toasted on cereal or fruit for breakfast or over low-fat ice-cream. Use the sweetener in cold desserts.
- Author: Jane Charlton
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Australian Good Taste