- 1.5kg boneless pork shoulder
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, grated
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Chinese rice wine (see note)
- 1 tablespoon kecap manis
- 1 bunch baby carrots, trimmed, peeled
- 4 small parsnips, peeled, quartered
- 1 orange, cut into wedges
- Step 1Combine pork, ginger, orange juice, sugar, wine and kecap manis in a large glass or ceramic dish. Cover. Refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- Step 2Preheat oven to 160°C/140°C fan-forced. Transfer pork and marinade to a large ovenproof dish. Cook for 1 hour 30 minutes, basting with marinade (cover with foil if over-browning during cooking).
- Step 3Add carrot, parsnip and orange wedges. Cook for 40 minutes or until pork is browned and cooked through and vegetables tender. Serve.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
You could use dry sherry instead of rice wine.
- Author: Emma Braz
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Super Food Ideas