- 3kg cooked semi-boneless shoulder of ham
- 1/2 cup orange and ginger marmalade
- 2 teaspoons rum-flavoured essence
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Step 1Place oven shelf in lowest position. Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Using a sharp knife, cut a zig-zag pattern around shank. Remove and discard rind. Score fat diagonally at 2cm intervals to form a diamond pattern. Wrap shank end of ham in foil.
- Step 2Place marmalade, rum essence, sugar and orange juice in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir for 1 to 2 minutes or until marmalade is melted.
- Step 3Place ham on a wire rack in a roasting pan. Brush with one-third marmalade mixture. Bake ham, basting with remaining marmalade mixture, for 50 minutes or until browned. Serve warm or cold.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
Super saver: We’ve saved you around $14 by using this semi-boneless ham shoulder instead of 3kg leg ham.
- Author: Emma Braz
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas