- 2 medium oranges
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (150g each) firm white fish fillets
- 70g baby spinach
- 1 small fennel bulb, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Step 1Finely grate rind from oranges. Reserve oranges. Combine orange rind, fennel seeds and half the oil in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add fish. Turn to coat. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Step 2Heat a barbecue plate or chargrill over medium-high heat. Cook fish for 3 to 5 minutes each side or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- Step 3Meanwhile, segment oranges over a bowl (see note). Add spinach, sliced fennel, vinegar and remaining oil. Toss to combine. Place on plates. Top with fish. Serve.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
To segment oranges, remove peel and white pith. Cut down either side of membrane to release segments.
- Author: Kirrily La Rosa
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas