- Olive oil spray
- 4 small chicken breast fillets
- 30g butter
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 (about 575g) small green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4 thick slices multigrain bread, toasted
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- Tomato chutney, to serve
- Step 1Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Spray with oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil.
- Step 2Heat the butter in the frying pan until foaming. Add the fennel seeds and cook for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Add the cabbage and garlic, and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until the cabbage wilts. Stir in the sugar and season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3Divide the bread among serving plates. Top with the cheese, cabbage mixture, chicken and a dollop of tomato chutney.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kerrie Ray
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Australian Good Taste