- 3 cups Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 2 teaspoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 100g chicken mince
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons frozen corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon Ayam oyster sauce
- 8 wonton wrappers
- 76g packet 99% fat-free 2-minute noodles, flavouring sachet discarded
- 8 snow peas, trimmed, thinly sliced fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Step 1Place stock, soy sauce and 1 cup cold water in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cover. Bring to a simmer.
- Step 2Meanwhile, combine mince, green onion, corn and oyster sauce in a bowl. Place 1 wonton wrapper on a chopping board. Place 1 heaped teaspoon mince mixture in centre. Brush edges with water. Fold up sides to form a pouch. Pinch to enclose. Place on a plate. Repeat with the remaining mince mixture and wrappers.
- Step 3Add wontons to simmering stock mixture. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add noodles and snow pea. Cook for 2 minutes or until noodles are tender and wontons float to the surface. Ladle soup into bowls. Top with coriander.
All about wontons: Place a wonton wrapper on a chopping board. Spoon 1 heaped teaspoon filling onto centre. Brush edges with water. Fold up sides to form a pouch. Pinch together to enclose.
- Author: Donna Boyle
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas