- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
- 2 medium red onions, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 200g grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 sheet frozen ready-rolled puff pastry, partially thawed
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Heat half the oil in a 22cm (base) non-stick, heavy-based, ovenproof frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chorizo, turning, for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Step 2Heat remaining oil in pan over medium-low heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 10 to 12 minutes or until very soft. Add sugar. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until caramelised. Add tomato. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until just soft. Top with chorizo.
- Step 3Trim pastry corners to form a circle. Place pastry over onion mixture, tucking in edges. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden. Turn out onto a plate. Slice and serve.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
To serve: Salad leaves and oregano leaves.
- Author: Jenny Fanshaw
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas