- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500g extra-lean beef chipolata sausages
- 1 medium brown onion, halved, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 800g can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Masterfoods BBQ Sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Step 1Heat half the oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook sausages, in batches, turning, for 5 to 6 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to a plate.
- Step 2Heat remaining oil in pan. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 to 6 minutes or until onion has softened. Add beans, tomato, barbecue sauce and sugar. Return sausages to pan. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until sausages are cooked through and sauce thickened. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with bread.
- Low carb
- Lower gi
To freeze: Cool. Spoon into an airtight container or large snap-lock bag. Freeze for up to 3 months.
To thaw: Thaw in fridge overnight.
To reheat: Place in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Author: Kim Coverdale
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Super Food Ideas