- 500g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons Valcom red curry paste
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 x 440g can pineapple thins, drained, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 125g fresh baby corn, diagonally sliced
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Place chicken in a bowl. Add curry paste. Stir until well coated. Refrigerate for 20 minutes, if time permits.
- Step 2Place rice in an 8-cup capacity baking dish (see Notes). Top with onion, pineapple, capsicum and corn. Pour over coconut milk and boiling water. In a single layer, arrange chicken on top. Cover tightly with foil. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Step 3Uncover. Bake for a further 30 to 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and rice is tender (see Notes). Remove from oven. Sprinkle with peas. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes or until peas are heated through. Serve topped with coriander.
- Low sugar
Want different flavours? Mix it up with green or yellow curry paste.
- Cooking times can sometimes vary depending on the type of dish used. If you are using a heavy-based, well-insulated dish, it can take a while to heat up and if the dish is too deep it can take longer to cook as the heat isn’t circulating as easily. We used a dish that was approximately 5cm in depth.
- Boiling water must be used to help start the cooking process and make sure the foil is tight when covering the dish as you don’t want any steam to escape.
- Author: Claire Brookman
- Image credit: Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas