- 4 (500g) chicken schnitzels (uncrumbed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 80g baby rocket
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Step 1Combine chicken, oil, parsley and garlic in a glass or ceramic bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Step 2Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 3 to 5 minutes each side or until browned. Transfer to a plate. Add onion and chickpeas to pan. Cook for 2 minutes. Add stock and juice. Bring to the boil.
- Step 3Return chicken to pan. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and chickpeas are heated. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with rocket and lemon wedges.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kim Coverdale
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas