- 4 eggs
- 20g butter
- 40g baby spinach
- Bread, toasted, buttered, to serve
- Step 1Whisk eggs and 1/3 cup cold water together in a bowl until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 2Heat a small frying pan over medium-high heat until just warm. Add half the butter. Tilt pan back and forth until butter sizzles and spreads.
- Step 3Whisk eggs again. Pour half the mixture into pan. Tilt pan to cover base in mixture. Using a wooden spoon, drag set egg from outer edge into centre. Tilt pan so uncooked egg comes in contact with base.
- Step 4Cook for 1 minute or until top is almost set. Sprinkle with half the spinach. Fold over to enclose spinach. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining butter, egg mixture and spinach. Serve with toast.
Chef’s tips: Omelettes: Omelettes are best cooked in a non-stick frying pan. Dragging the egg mixture in the pan ensures an evenly cooked, fluffy omelette.
- Author: Emma Braz
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas