- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 600g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 4 rashers shortcut bacon, sliced
- 1 medium leek, trimmed, halved, washed, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 sheets frozen puff pastry, partially thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1/2 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 3/4 cup light thickened cooking cream
- 200g broccoli, finely chopped
- Step 1Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until browned. Add bacon, leek, garlic and rosemary. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until leek has softened. Add wine. Bring to the boil.
- Step 2Meanwhile, line a baking tray with baking paper. Using an 8cm round cutter, cut 6 rounds from pastry. Place pastry rounds on prepared tray. Make shapes with pastry trimmings to decorate pastry rounds. Brush pastry with egg. Bake for 10 minutes or until pastry is golden and puffed.
- Step 3Place cornflour in a jug. Add 2 tablespoons stock. Stir until smooth. Stir in remaining stock. Add stock mixture and cream to pan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Add broccoli. Simmer for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 4Spoon chicken mixture into 6 dishes. Top with pastry rounds. Serve.
Variation: You could also make this into one big ‘pie’. Just cut the pastry top using the top of your ‘pie’ dish as a guide.
- Author: Kirrily La Rosa
- Image credit: Craig Wall
- Publication: Super Food Ideas