1 of 3
2 of 3
3 of 3
Octopus saladPrint Recipe
- 750 grams (1.63lb) octopus tentacles (frozen)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 onion
- 10-15 peppercorns
- 3 red potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- minced parsley
- Wash the octopus well under cold running water and drain.
- Place a pot with at least 2-3 l water on the stove.
- Immerse octopus in the water together with garlic, onion, peppercorn and bay leaf. Simmer for 50-60 minutes.
- Make sure that the octopus is cooked, the meat should be tender, but not mushy.
- Once ready, drain and wash the octopus and cut it into smaller pieces.
- Mix with a sauce made by whisking together the oil, vinegar, parsley, chopped garlic, a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add 3 red potatoes, boiled in the skin, peeled and sliced.
It can be served warm or at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad