- 190g (1 cup) couscous
- 2 zucchini, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 3 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 250ml (1 cup) boiling water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 x 420g can Chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 x 175g pkt smoked ocean trout, flaked
- 125g (1/2 cup) bought tzatziki
- Step 1Combine the couscous, zucchini, lemon rind and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice in a large heatproof bowl. Add the water and oil. Cover and set aside for 4 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Use a fork to separate the grains.
- Step 2Stir in chickpeas, coriander, mint and ocean trout. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3Divide among serving bowls and top with a dollop of tzatziki to serve.
- Diabetes friendly
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Couscous is almost as quick and simple to prepare as a cup of tea, making it a real time-saver.
- Author: Heidi Flett
- Image credit: Alan Benson
- Publication: Australian Good Taste