- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil spray
- 320g dried wholemeal penne pasta
- 250g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 zucchini, trimmed, coarsely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 40g (1/4 cup) slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon finely grated parmesan
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180C. Place tomato on a baking tray. Spray with oil. Roast for 10-12 minutes or until just tender.
- Step 2Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain. Return to pan.
- Step 3While pasta is cooking, heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Spray with oil. Cook chicken, in 2 batches, turning, for 3-4 minutes or until cooked. Transfer to a bowl.
- Step 4Heat oil over high heat. Cook zucchini and garlic for 3-4 minutes or until zucchini softens. Stir in lemon juice and rind for 1 minute.
- Step 5Add chicken, zucchini mixture, almonds, mint and parmesan to pasta. Toss to combine. Divide among dishes. Top with the tomato.
- High fibre
- Low kilojoule
A 35g serve of almonds takes care of a whole day’s vitamin E needs. Almonds are a great source of protein, dietary fibre and healthy unsaturated fat. They provide iron, zinc and calcium too.
- Author: Chrissy Freer
- Image credit: Al Richardson
- Publication: Australian Good Taste