- 250g packet plain chocolate biscuits
- 125g butter, melted
- 4 cups desiccated coconut
- 395g can NESTLÉ Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 x 100g packets red glace cherries, quartered
- 125g copha, melted
- Rose pink food colouring
- 1 1/2 cups NESTLÉ BAKERS' CHOICE Dark Choc Melts, melted
- Step 1Grease an 18cm x 28cm slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edges of pan. Place biscuits in a food processor. Process until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add butter. Process until combined. Press mixture over base of prepared pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Step 2Place coconut, condensed milk, cherries and copha in a large bowl. Mix well to combine. Tint mixture with a few drops of rose pink food colouring. Mix well. Spoon mixture over prepared base. Using the back of spoon, press mixture to cover base evenly and level top. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Step 3Spread melted chocolate over top of slice. Stand for 1 hour or until set. Cut into squares. Serve.
Allow 1 hour 45 minutes standing time.
- Author: Kim Coverdale
- Image credit: Chris L Jones
- Publication: Super Food Ideas