- 2 x 395g cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup (220g) brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (115g) glucose syrup
- 250g butter, chopped
- 200g milk chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 300g white chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Queen Strawberry Essence
- Red Liquid Food Colouring
- You will need a 20cm x 30cm lamington pan for this recipe.
- Step 1Grease and line a 20cm x 30cm lamington pan with baking paper, allowing paper to overhang on the 2 long sides of the pan.
- Step 2To make milk chocolate layer, combine 1 can of condensed milk, brown sugar, 2 tablespoons glucose and half the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring and brushing pan occasionally with water to remove any sugar crystals, without boiling for 10 mins or until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium. Cook, stirring constantly, for 6-8 mins or until mixture thickens and comes away from side of pan. Remove from heat. Add milk chocolate and stir until chocolate melts and mixture is combined. Spoon into prepared pan. Smooth top.
- Step 3To make the strawberry fudge layer, combine remaining condensed milk, remaining glucose, remaining butter and the caster sugar. Cook, stirring, for 10 mins or until sugar completely dissolves. Increase heat to medium and cook, stirring constantly, for 6-8 mins or until mixture thickens and starts to come away from the side of the pan. Add 200g of white chocolate, the strawberry essence and a few drops of food colouring. Stir to combine. Spoon over the chocolate mixture.
- Step 4Set aside, at room temperature, for 6 hours or until firm. Place remaining white chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir with a metal spoon until chocolate melts. Pour white chocolate over the strawberry fudge layer. Set aside to cool. Cut into squares to serve.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: (N/A)
- Image credit: (N/A)
- Publication: Coles