- 2 cups white long-grain rice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 x 50g sachets nasi goreng instant seasoning
- 4 eschalots, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 100g chicken mince
- 50g cooked prawns, peeled
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, finely diced
- 125g fresh baby corn, sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 Massel vegetable stock cubes, crumbled
- 1/3 cup ABC kecap manis
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fried shallots
- Step 1Cook rice following packet directions until tender. Drain. Place in a shallow, airtight container. Refrigerate overnight.
- Step 2Heat a wok over high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil. Swirl to coat. Add seasoning, eschalot and chilli. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 4 to 5 minutes or until browned. Add prawns, carrot, corn and onion. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add rice, stock cubes and kecap manis. Stir-fry for 5 minutes or until heated through. Transfer to a platter. Cover to keep warm.
- Step 3Wipe wok clean. Return to high heat. Add remaining oil. Swirl to coat. Season egg with salt and pepper. Pour into wok. Swirl egg to coat base. Cook for 2 minutes or until just set. Transfer to a chopping board. Roll up. Cut into thin strips.
- Step 4Top rice mixture with egg, tomato, cucumber and shallots. Serve.
- Low kilojoule
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Michelle Noerianto
- Image credit: Cath Muscat
- Publication: Super Food Ideas