- 3689 kj Energy
- 65g Fat Total
- 17g Saturated Fat
- 62g Protein
- 270.62mg Sodium
- 3g Carbs (sugar)
- 11g Carbs (total)
All nutrition values are per serve
Mustard lamb cutlets with mint aioli and char-grilled potatoesPrint Recipe
- 12 (about 1.2kg) lamb cutlets
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 250g kipfler potatoes, sliced diagonally
- 200g snow peas
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, halved Mint aioli
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon malt or cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) light olive oil
- Step 1Combine the lamb, mustard, garlic and 2 teaspoonfuls of the oil in a medium bowl. Set aside for 15 minutes to marinate.
- Step 2Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in a saucepan of boiling water for 7-8 minutes or until almost tender. Add the snow peas and cook for a further 1 minute or until tender crisp. Refresh under cold running water.
- Step 3To make the mint aÃ¯oli, place the mint, garlic, egg yolk, mustard powder and vinegar in the bowl of a food processor and process until combined. With the motor running, gradually add the oil in a thin, steady stream until mixture is thick and pale. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 4Preheat a barbecue or char-grill pan on high. Add the lamb to the grill and cook for 2 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Brush the potatoes and asparagus with remaining oil. Add the potatoes to the grill and cook for 2 minutes each side or until charred. Add the asparagus and cook for 2 minutes or until just tender. Remove from heat.
- Step 5Arrange the potato, snow peas and asparagus on serving plates. Top with lamb and dollop with aioli
- Author: Sarah Hobbs
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Notebook: