- 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 600g lamb rump steaks, excess fat trimmed
- 1kg orange sweet potato (kumara), peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- 100g baby spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- 160ml (2/3 cup) thickened cream
- Step 1Combine mustard, vinegar, rosemary, oil and honey in a bowl. Add lamb. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Place in fridge for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Step 2Meanwhile, cook the sweet potato in a steamer over a saucepan of simmering water (make sure the steamer doesn’t touch the water) for 10 minutes or until tender. Add spinach in the last 2 minutes of cooking. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl and mash.
- Step 3Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Drain the lamb, reserving the marinade. Add lamb to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil. Reduce heat to medium. Add the reserved marinade and cream to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes. Divide the mash and lamb among serving plates. Top with the sauce. Serve.
- Low carb
- Low sodium
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Jules Jansen
- Image credit: Rob Palmer
- Publication: Australian Good Taste