- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 15 (about 200g) button mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1L (4 cups) Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 175g arborio rice
- 100g quinoa
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- 80g (1/2 cup) frozen peas
- 70g (1 cup) finely grated parmesan
- 50g baby rocket leaves
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Step 1Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Stir in mushroom for 5 minutes or until brown. Transfer to a bowl.
- Step 2Meanwhile, place the stock in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and hold at a gentle simmer.
- Step 3Heat remaining oil in frying pan over medium heat. Stir in leek and garlic for 3-4 minutes or until soft. Add mushroom, rice, quinoa and thyme. Stir to coat.
- Step 4Add 80ml (1/3 cup) of the stock to the rice mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until the liquid is absorbed. Add the stock, 80ml (1/3 cup) at a time, stirring constantly and allowing the liquid to be absorbed before adding more stock. Continue for 20 minutes, adding the peas halfway through cooking, until the liquid is absorbed and quinoa and rice are tender. Stir in the parmesan and season.
- Step 5Combine the rocket and lemon juice in a bowl. Divide the risotto among serving bowls and top with the rocket mixture.
- Low kilojoule
“This is the sort of dish the world needs more of – it can be cooked straight from the pantry” – Katrina Woodman
- Author: Reader recipe
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Australian Good Taste