- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 400g mushrooms, sliced (see note)
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 3/4 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 400g fresh egg fettucine pasta
- 3/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- Shaved pecorino cheese, to serve
- Step 1Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add mushrooms. Cook, stirring often, for 8 to 10 minutes or until juice evaporates.
- Step 2Sprinkle flour over mushrooms. Stir to combine. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Slowly stir in stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 1 minute or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Step 3Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Step 4Return pasta to saucepan over low heat. Add mushroom sauce and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Top with pecorino and serve.
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Note: We used flat and Swiss brown mushrooms.
To make this pasta suitable for vegetarians, substitute the chicken stock for vegetable stock and the pecorino for a vegetarian hard cheese.
- Author: Dixie Elliott
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas