- 500g flat mushrooms, quartered
- 200g Swiss brown mushrooms, ends trimmed
- 150g oyster mushrooms, halved
- Olive oil spray
- 2 bunches asparagus, woody ends trimmed, halved lengthways
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 100g baby rocket leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Step 1Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Arrange the combined mushroom, in a single layer, on the lined tray. Lightly spray with olive oil spray and season with salt and pepper. Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until the mushroom is tender.
- Step 2Meanwhile, cook the asparagus in a medium saucepan of boiling water until bright green and tender crisp. Refresh under cold running water. Drain. Whisk together the vinegar, oil, garlic and sugar in a small bowl.
- Step 3Place the asparagus, onion and rocket in a large bowl. Add the mushroom and vinegar mixture and gently toss until just combined. Taste and season with pepper. Divide the salad among serving bowls and sprinkle with chives. Serve immediately.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Team a trio of mushrooms with a zesty vinaigrette for a super-special salad.
- Author: Chrissy Freer
- Image credit: Brett Stevens
- Publication: Australian Good Taste