- 50g butter
- 110g (1/2 cup) raw sugar
- 60ml (1/4 cup) honey
- 200g pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 Sanitarium Weet-bix, crushed
- 90g (1/2 cup) sultanas
- 50g (1/2 cup) rolled oats
- 75g (1/2 cup) self-raising flour
- Step 1Preheat oven to 170°C. Line a 20cm (base measurement) square cake pan with non-stick baking paper. Place the butter, sugar and honey in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until the mixture is smooth and the sugar has dissolved. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Step 2Combine the pepitas, Weet-bix, sultanas, oats and flour in a large bowl. Add the butter mixture and stir until combined.
- Step 3Spoon the mixture into the lined pan and use the back of a spoon to smooth the surface. Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until golden. Set aside in the pan for 30 minutes to cool completely. Cut into slices to serve.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Dee Broughton, Carnegie, VIC (reader recipe)
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Australian Good Taste