- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried apple
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup nut-free untoasted muesli (see tip)
- 1 cup reduced-fat plain Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Grease a 20cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line with baking paper, allowing 2cm overhang at long ends.
- Step 2Place apple, sultanas, cranberries, flours, sugar and 2/3 cup muesli in a bowl. Stir to combine. Whisk yoghurt, egg and oil together in a jug. Fold yoghurt mixture into muesli mixture until just combined. Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining muesli.
- Step 3Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in centre comes out clean. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Turn slice out onto a wire rack to cool. Cut into rectangles. Serve.
Tip: Use nut-free muesli, as most schools have a no-nut policy to protect children at risk of an allergic reaction. Store cooled slice in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
To freeze: Wrap each slice in plastic wrap, then foil. Freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw at room temperature overnight.
- Author: Lucy Nunes
- Image credit: Sam McAdam
- Publication: Super Food Ideas