- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 30g (1/4 cup) cumin seeds
- 25g (1/4 cup) coriander seeds
- 11/2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 11/2 tablespoons finely grated lemon rind
- 4 (about 230g each) salmon fillets
- Olive oil spray
- Lemon wedges, to serve
Mint & lemon salad
- 90g (1/2 cup) burghul
- 250ml (1 cup) boiling water
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 125ml (1/2 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1 bunch fresh mint, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh chives, chopped
- Step 1Place garlic, cumin, coriander, paprika and lemon rind in a mortar and crush with a pestle to form a paste. Rub over both sides of salmon. Cover and place in fridge for 3 hours to marinate.
- Step 2Meanwhile, to make the salad, place the burghul in a bowl. Add water and set aside for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in the lemon rind, lemon juice, chickpeas, mint and chives.
- Step 3Spray a frying pan with olive oil spray. Add salmon and cook over medium-low heat for 4-5 minutes each side. Divide salad among serving plates and top with salmon. Serve with lemon wedges.
- High fibre
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Note: Allow 3 hours marinating time.
- Author: Michelle Southan
- Image credit: William Meppem
- Publication: Australian Good Taste